Over the next few years, a number of energy policy decisions are expected to affect the electricity market in various ways. Politicians, authorities, energy companies and their customers need new and in-depth knowledge and insights into developments and the impacts of the changing regulatory environment.
Since changes in regulations and market conditions in the electricity market involve complex issues, both from a wider societal perspective as well as more specific considerations, an in-depth insight into the role and function of the electricity market is crucial in order to make well-balanced and effective decisions.
The research involves Swedish and international researchers to produce new knowledge about:
- The conditions for the future functioning of the electricity market
- The effects of new requirements and changing conditions
- Cost-effective choices and necessary measures to achieve set goals
- Socio-economic effects and consequences for electricity market actors of possible or planned changes
- Design of electricity market central institutions and the regulatory framework in order to achieve set goals in a cost-effective manner
The programme has the working title Eforis, a Swedish abbreviation.