September 21 Education - Why is polymer ageing of concern?
The following topics were covered:
- Importance of polymeric components
- Basics of polymer degradation
- Polymer types in use
- Degradation stressors & mechanisms
- Ageing effects on macroscopic properties
- Accelerated ageing – thermal & radiation
- Diffusion-limited oxidation – why is it important?
- Dose rate effects and synergism
- Pigment/formulation effects
- Special situations
- Reverse temperature effect
- Temperature transients in seals
An overview of assessment of aged polymeric components and lifetime prediction methods will also be given.
Links to documentation:
September 22 COMRADE workshop
Preliminary results from the COMRADE Project will be presented and discussed during a full day workshop. A tour of the laboratories at the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden will also be offered.
The event is fully booked. For the waiting list please contact us.